Movement Ventures - UI Designer/Engineer
June 2015 - Present
- Contributed design and development to the launch of two major products: boombox.com and mv-guide.herokuapp.com.
- Developed UI components using HTML/CSS/JS used in Qzzr and Pollcaster products.
- Designed and developed addition landing pages and components used in qzzr.com, pollcaster.com, and boombox.com.
- Designed, organized, and conducted usability studies involving external participants. Analyzed and applied results to enhancements and/or redesigns of products.
Mountain America Credit Union - Senior Interaction Designer
January 2013 - June 2015
- Was responsible for the interaction design of all credit union online and mobile banking products.
- Built live HTML/CSS/JS prototypes used to validate and test product designs.
- Designed, organized, and conducted usability studies involving internal and external participants. Analyzed and applied results to enhancements and/or redesigns of products.
- Collected, analyzed, and reported usage/adoption data for all online and mobile products.
- Participated in product roadmap planning and development.
Candeo Behavior Change - Interaction Designer/Frontend Developer
October 2011 - January 2013
- Was responsible for all interaction design and frontend development of Candeo’s online recovery platforms for both mobile and desktop experiences (using HTML/CSS/JS, Photoshop, and several other tools).
- Worked with students to develop, test, and improve Candeo’s products.
- Designed, developed, and maintained company marketing sites candeobehaviorchange.com, pornaddiction.com, and depressionandanxiety.org (using HTML/CSS/JS, Photoshop, and several other tools).
Close To My Heart - Interaction Designer/Frontend Developer
April 2011-October 2011
- Responsible for interactive design of internal and external digital scrapbooking products.
- Worked with creative teams to develop, implement, and maintain look and feel of corporate website closetomyheart.com using HTML/CSS.
- Acted as a go between for marketing department, IT department, and upper management in team effort to execute online marketing strategies.
- Advised marketing and creative services departments on best practices when developing web marketing and SEO strategies.
Intuitech, Inc - Interaction Designer/Technical Writer
September 2007-April 2011
- Designed digital and physical human machine interfaces for water treatment pilot plant control panels.
- Maintained and optimized corporate website intuitech.com using HTML/CSS. Achieved first-page rankings under several keywords (pilot plants, pilot plant leasing, and water treatment pilot plants) on Google.
- Responsible for all technical writing of operation and maintenance manuals that accompanied custom water treatment pilot plants.
- Designed, wrote, and published company newsletter "About the Process".
Contract Work Experience
I have recently worked with the following companies on a number of projects:
- The Utah Association of Appraisers
- Winder Farms
- Candeo Behavior Change
- Illuminate Recovery
- LDS Business College
University of Denver - Masters of Communications
Fall 2011-Fall 2014
- Studies and research focused on digital marketing communications, marketing strategy, and mobile user experience.
University of Utah - Bachelors of Psychology
Fall 2004-Spring 2009
- Worked as a research assistant in the cognitive psychology lab helping to design, organize, and run studies focusing on human factor principles and user interface design.
- IxD/UX (mobile and web)
- Usability and Accessibility
- Responsive Web Design
- Product Development